It is sometimes really hard to come up with the right gift for Holidays, Birthdays, and other special occasions. Especially when it comes to finding the right gifts for co-workers, neighbors, friends and extended family. It can be so stressful trying to find the right gift for each person. And let’s be honest, most of the time we just buy something without putting much thought into it. This is especially true around the holidays when we don’t have a lot of time, but a lot to do.
If you have multiple people that are on your gift list and you just can’t face the daunting task of finding a gift for each person, you really should consider making something that you can make in bulk and gift to all those on your list.
If you choose the right homemade product to give to your friends and family, you can save time and money. By making the same thing for multiple people, you can buy your supplies in bulk, which is always less expensive. And instead of making several shopping trips to the store or mall, you can spend one day making or preparing your gifts. I think it would be fun to invite a friend or two and make it a gift making party, or get your family involved and make it a family Christmas tradition.
My suggestion for a homemade gift that everyone would love and appreciate is homemade designer soap. Hopefully they all use soap, and would really appreciate that you took the time to handcraft a gift for them.
There are so many different shapes, scents, and designs possible when it comes to the art of soap making. I have seen several PINK peppermint soap recipes that would be ideal for Christmas gifts. You can get really creative when packaging the soap gifts as well. You can tie a festive ribbon around them with a sprig of pine, put them in a fancy decorative cellophane bag, or package them in a decorative box. However you decide to package them, I know they will be a much loved and appreciated gift.
So sticking with my PINK everything theme, I have found 20 PINK homemade soap recipes and tutorials from some very creative and talented bloggers that I would love to share.
I found a list of 5 benefits to homemade soap on Sweet Olive Soap Shop website that would be great to print out and include with the homemade soap gifts.
1) INGREDIENTS The very best reason to use handmade soap is the ingredients. Typically handmade soap is made of vegetable oils and butters that are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients that are essential to healthy skin. I can’t count how many times customers have told me that handmade soap has not only improved their skin, but changed their lives by relieving them of itchiness, dryness and skin conditions such as excema, psoriasis and acne. Everyone wants healthy skin and switching to daily use of handmade soap is the best place to start. If you need help finding the right soap for your needs, don’t hesitate to ask your soapmaker questions. We take pride in our ingredients and are excited to share our knowledge with you.
2) REAL SOAP It is commonly called soap, but that mass produced commercial stuff that you get at the grocery store is anything but. You have an array of personal cleansers to choose from that are labeled as deodorant soap, body bars, body washes and my personal favorite (eyes roll) the beauty bar. These are just chemical cocktails made of detergents and downright disturbing synthetic ingredients that dehydrate and age skin, cause allergic reactions and have been linked to various forms of cancer. Handmade soap is the real deal and one of the most appealing aspects is that harmful and unnecessary ingredients are NOT added to make it.
3) GLYCERIN Glycerin isn’t added to a handmade soap recipe – it’s created during the soap making process! Glycerin is a precious emollient that softens and maintains water balance by attracting moisture to your skin. It is proven to be so beneficial to your skin that it is extracted from commercial ‘soap’ and reserved for higher priced body care, hygiene and pharmaceutical products. Handmade soap retains all of its natural glycerin glory and produces a rich and luxurious lather that is unparalleled to any other.
4) NO HARM When you purchase handmade soap from your local soapmaker, you can be pretty certain that no humans were harmed, impoverished or subjected to sweat shop working conditions in the process. No communities or natural habitats were laid to waste by the run off from a some large chemical factory and we don’t use lab animals to test our products. I think I speak for all handmade soapmakers when I proclaim to you that we have the utmost respect for the earth and all of its creatures. Reverence to a kinder way of living is a big part of why we do what we do.
5) VARIETY If you feel that variety is the spice of life then handmade soap won’t disappoint! No matter your skin type or personal preferences, there is a soapmaker out there who is creating just what your skin and senses crave at bath time. Not all handmade soap is alike and there are an infinite number of recipes and flavors for you to choose from. Have fun shopping around or chatting it up with a soapmaker next time you visit your local craft fair or farmers market. We are dedicated to helping you discover the joy of happy and healthy skin just the way you like it!
20 Homemade Soap Recipes